At Canham Consulting we believe that people are the driving force of our business. If you are interested in joining our team please see below for available vacancies.
Canham Consulting are looking to hire a highly competent Building Surveyor, experienced with a range of building types, sectors and forms of construction. Ideally the successful Candidate will be Chartered, although we would consider a Graduate with relevant experience, and the desire to achieve Chartered Status within a relatively short period.
The Candidate must be an excellent communicator, able to convey the most complex of surveying challenges in a simple manner and be keen to explore the possibilities of building surveying.
An attractive package is on offer for the right candidate, which includes competitive salary and benefits.
GRADUATE STRUCTURAL ENGINEER
For further information or to apply, please email your CV to email@example.com.
We are looking to recruit a Graduate Structural Engineer to support with the Company’s increasing workload and many exciting opportunities on the horizon. The candidate will be based in the Projects team acting as a supporting Engineer to senior members of staff on a variety of projects.
Canham Consulting are a relatively small yet friendly practice but can offer an incredibly diverse workload, with projects ranging from domestic extensions up to multi-million commercial and industrial developments, alongside large infrastructure and housing projects.
The role would include, but not be limited to, the following activities, which will undoubtedly develop over time.
- Produce Calculations for use with all common structural materials
- Undertake surveys and site visits for a variety of different projects
- Produce reports, letters and other correspondence
- Correspond with Architects, Technicians and other members of the design team
The candidate would be expected to have the following qualifications and experience:
- Hold a degree in Structural Engineering, Civil Engineering or similar construction related degree
- The degree should ideally be one approved by the IStructE or ICE at masters level
- Proven track record of design courses at university
- Have at least 3 years work experience either on a construction site or within a consultancy practice
- Have a knowledge of British Standards, Eurocodes and other relevant activities
- Have a lively interest in construction, structural engineering and architecture
The role would be based in our Norwich office with occasional travel.
Candidates should send their CV’s to the email: firstname.lastname@example.org along with a covering letter explaining why they are interested in the position and why they would be a good fit for the role.
Canham Consulting are looking to recruit an experienced, competent and highly motivated Civil/Infrastructure Engineer who is used to working in a diverse project environment. An ability to run projects (under the supervision of a Senior/Principal Engineer), produce calculations and sketches, coordinate drawings and models, and experience working in a 3-dimensional environment is essential.
Candidates should have a recognised qualification in Civil Engineering or an Engineering related field, ideally EngTech qualified and working towards IEng/CEng with a relevant institution and must have experience in the following areas:
- Highways (Section 38 & 278)
- Swept Path Analysis
- Drainage (Section 104, 106 and 185)
- Hydraulic design (piped networks and SuDS design)
- Residential Developments (ranging from single dwellings to 350+ units)
- Industrial and Commercial Developments
Excellent IT skills are essential and experience with the following software would be highly advantageous:
- Autodesk Civil 3D
We would also be pleased to hear from candidates who are more experienced and/or have more detailed knowledge within specific sectors of Civil Engineering.
The team is fortunate to be looking forward to a varied and healthy workload, allowing for future progression within the business.
The office is located within an attractive part of Norwich with plenty of local amenities, public houses and restaurants and is a short distance from the local train station. Parking is also provided.
Canham Consulting Ltd. values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
An attractive package is on offer for the right candidate, which includes a competitive salary and a good range of benefits, combined with the chance to work in a relaxed professional design office on challenging projects.
Relevant CV’s should be sent to email@example.com